Green Star Accredited Professional Qualification
This pathway recognises your in-depth knowledge of the Green Star suite of tools. It is designed for industry professionals who are intending to act as the core member of a Green Star project team and collate and manage Green Star project submissions
Green Star Accredited Professional benefits:
- An Accredited Professional logo
- An online certificate that you can link to or embed in online media
- Details listed in the Accredited Professional directory
- A profile page on our website and special login access to the NZGBC website
- A regular newsletter and information about upcoming events and training
Green Star Accredited Professional training focuses on teaching the skills necessary to generate a high quality Green Star project submission. It provides an in-depth knowledge of the Green Star suite of rating tools and a comprehensive understanding of the rigorous details required to process a successful Green Star submission.
The Green Star Accredited Professional course is a 2 day programme.
Day 1 lecture/workshop based tuition
Day 2 computer based tuition, including a Q & A session with an experienced Green Star professional.
This course is targeted at those who wish to make Green Star project submissions to the New Zealand Green Building Council. Generally, potential GSAPs will have professional qualifications in related industries such as Engineering, Building Science, Quantity Surveying, Sustainability in the built environment, Architecture, Project Management or similar professional expertise. However other related experience and skills may be acceptable. If you are uncertain whether your background will be appropriate please contact NZGBC.
The Green Star Accredited Professional qualification will be awarded to participants on successful completion of an online exam. Participants will be provided with a link to the exam on completion of the training course and can complete it at a time and place that suits them best. The exam has 80 questions and participants will have a time limit of 3 hours to complete the exam. Participants will require their course notes and access to a Green Star manual. (Preferable an Office manual)
Please note: The exam link will be valid for 2 months after training is complete. If the exam is not completed within that time the link will expire and participants will not be able to achieve this qualification without further study and/or cost.
|Early-bird pricing||Standard pricing|
If you are unsure of your organisation’s membership status, please contact NZGBC prior to registration .
The course fee includes:
- course workbook
- morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- the Accredited Professional Exam
- online access to Technical Manual
The Technical Manual required to complete the exam. It is to purchased separately at a discounted rate for course attendees.
All costs are exclusive of GST.
Please read our Terms and Conditions related to course attendance and cancellations.
Renewal, CPD and other professional development points.
NZGBC requires holders of Green Star qualifications to renew their Qualifications every two years. Prior to Qualification renewal the holder must have accrued two Further Education points. Information on FE points and qualifications’ renewal can be found on the website here.
NZGBC has negotiated with other professional bodies for CPD recognition of the GSAP qualification. A list of the participating organisations and the allocated points follows.
NZGBC will make all efforts to inform participating organisations of the attendance of their members. However It is the responsibility of the qualification holder to ensure these points are allocated.
Industry CPD points:
For attendance at this training course:
- NZRAB - New Zealand Registered Architects receive 60 CPD points
- NZIBS - New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors members may claim CPD hours
- NZIQS - New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors members may claim CPD hours(Short Course/Education – Column 9)
- IPENZ - Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand members may claim CPD hours (Competency 11)
- LBP - Licensed Building Practitioners may claim 12 skills maintenance points
- NZIOB - New Zealand Institute of Building members may claim 6 CPD credits (as per CPD Table)