Obtain FE Points
If you are qualified as an assessor or practitioner under Green Star or Homestar, you are required to complete two further education (FE) points and pay a renewal fee every two years to retain your qualification.
Green Star V3 Refresher Video will give you 2 FE Points
How do I get FE points?
An FE point will be awarded for events, actions or programmes that:
- enhance your own knowledge and understanding; or contribute to others’ knowledge and understanding, of sustainable built environments.
- enhance your own knowledge and understanding; or contribute to others’ knowledge and understanding, of the NZGBC rating tools.
FE points are awarded only for activities with substantial educational content (ie a minimum of two hours face to face or online delivery).
- At least one of the two required FE points must be achieved via a NZGBC-initiated event.
- Applications for an externally provided FE point must be accompanied by proof of attendance and a detailed copy of the programme content.
- Some externally provided programmes may be pre-approved. If so, these will be posted on the NZGBC website. Evidence of attendance will still be required.
How are FE points allocated?
- 1 point for full attendance at an NZGBC Summit
- 1-2 points for gaining a new/additional NZGBC qualification (duration of training must be 1 day or greater)
- 0.5 points for attendance at one two hour master class, credit update or seminar; 1 point for a four-hour event.
- 1 point for an approved external programme at least 4 hours face to face
- 1 point for leadership or knowledge sharing via presentations at NZGBC events or participating in a Technical Working Group. (Note: duration of presentations should be greater than 1 hour, participation in TWG should be greater than 4 hours)
If you are carrying out assessments under Homestar or Green Star, these may be used to contribute to your FE points.
- Homestar - the first two Certifications will earn one FE point each. Note, this is not applicable for later certifications.
- Green Star - one FE point is available for Assessors who complete four assessments over 24 months. Lead GSAPs on a registered project may also claim one FE point.
How to apply
To request FE points:
- Download and complete the Education FE Points Claim Form.pdf
- Attach any required supporting evidence
- Email form and attachments to our education team
When your points are approved you will be notified and you will see the allocation on your website profile.