This two day course has been designed for those who either wish to use the Certified Tool for design purposes or to certify homes with a Homestar rating. The course focuses on teaching an in-depth understanding of the categories and credits, the key principles behind the tool and how to accurately assess a home against the Certified Homestar rating tool. The Homestar Assessor qualification enables you to produce Homestar Certified Assessments for your design or for your clients to validate the environmental attributes of the dwelling.
- A Homestar Assessor logo
- An online certificate that you can link to or embed in, online media
- Details listed in the Certified Assessor Directory which is accessed by consumers and industry.
- Access to ongoing training
This course is targeted at those who wish to conduct Homestar Assessments of stand-alone or attached residential buildings.
- Sustainability understanding and/or
- Audit experience and/or
- Survey work and/or
- Building practices experience
Professional qualification(Equivalent professional qualifications may be submitted for approval)
- Licensed Building Practitioner Level 2 and 3
- Registered valuer, engineer, architect, building scientist/technologist, quantity surveyor
- HERS Assessor
The two day Homestar Assessor course focuses on teaching an in-depth understanding of the theory and application of the Certified Homestar rating tool; mastery of conducting an environmental assessment of residential stand-alone and attached homes; as well as the processes involved in acquiring and collating appropriate documentation, managing and producing a Homestar Design Rating and Certified Assessment.
- 1 day of classroom tuition
- 1 day onsite practical application of the Certified Tool
After the course:
A series of assessments need to be completed in order to achieve qualification as a Homestar Assessor. They will require additional time investment beyond attending the course and must be completed within the specified time-frames. As such, please ensure that you have sufficient time to complete the following:
- Online Practitioner exam - to be completed within 2 weeks of attending the course. Approximately 1-2 hours.
- Written examination using the Certified Tool - to be completed within 4 weeks of attending the course. This assessment is started during Day 2 of the course and will be completed at home. Approximately 3-4 hours.
- Supervised Assessment - a project of your choice completed with 1:1 assistance by a member of the technical team. The project will receive an official Homestar rating. Amount of time varies depending on scope of project and level of assistance required.
- Following the successful completion of these assessments, you will be required to sign the Homestar Assessor Agreement, which contains the terms and conditions under which you agree to operate as a Homestar Assessor.
‘View our Terms & Conditions’
Login To Register