This pathway is targeted to builders, sub-contractors building advisors and others who wish to have a recognised qualification that will enable them to:
- Meet the requirements for working on a Homestar registered build
- Produce Homecoach reports for home owners and help them to understand and act on the recommendations outlined in the report.
Qualified Homecoach benefits:
- A license to use the Homecoach logo and branding
A Homecoach registration number
An online certificate that you can link to or embed in online media
A regular newsletter and information about and discounts for upcoming events and training
Option to be profiled in marketing outlets, for example newsletters and social media
Provide credit points for houses targeting a Homestar Certified Rating
Membership into the exclusive Homestar Professionals Forum where technical information, marketing ideas and industry news is discussed directly with the Homestar team.
Access to the Homestar documentation and templates including;
Qualified HomeCoach Requirements
- To achieve this qualification you are required to pass an online training review.
- To maintain the qualification you are asked to renew every two years and complete further education credits.
The one day Homecoach course focuses on imparting an in-depth knowledge of the categories, questions and available points within the online Homestar tool; the skills required to conduct an accurate online Homecoach assessment, as well as a clear understanding of the principles behind the tool.
- One day of lecture and workshop-based tuition.
After the course:
1. Qualified Homecoach
Following the successful completion of your Homecoach Online Training Review, we will contact you to arrange the final documentation:
- A signed Homecoach Agreement, which contains the terms and conditions under which you agree to operate as a Homecoach.
- A 'head and shoulders' photograph for your profile page.
- A recommendations report from a completed Homestar self-assessment of your home.
To retain your status, there is a further education and renewal requirement.
Qualified Homecoach Training Package
$445 for NZGBC Members
All costs listed are exclusive of GST
Terms & Conditions
Assessment: Online Training Review
Qualification Maintenance: Further education and renewal requirement
CPD points: (For Qualified Homecoach only) For attendance at this training course:
- NZRAB - New Zealand Registered Architects receive 30 CPD points
- NZIBS - New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors members may claim CPD hours
- NZIQS - New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors members may claim CPD hours (Short Course/Education – Column 9)
- IPENZ - Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand members may claim CPD hours (Competency 11)
- LBP - Licensed Building Practitioners may claim 6 skills maintenance points
- NZIOB - New Zealand Institute of Building members may claim 3 CPD credits (as per CPD Table)