Homestar Assessor Pathway
This two day course has been designed for those who either wish to use the Certified Tool for design purposes or to certify homes with a Homestar rating. The course focuses on teaching an in-depth understanding of the categories and credits, the key principles behind the tool and how to accurately assess a home against the Certified Homestar rating tool. The Homestar Assessor qualification enables you to produce Homestar Certified Assessments for your design or for your clients to validate the environmental attributes of the dwelling.
- A Homestar Assessor logo and registration number
- An online certificate that you can link to or embed in, online media
- Details listed in the Certified Assessor Directory which is accessed by consumers and industry.
- Access to ongoing training
This course is targeted at those who wish to conduct Homestar Assessments of stand-alone or attached residential buildings.
- Sustainability understanding and/or
- audit experience and/or
- survey work and/or
- building practices experience
Professional qualification: (Equivalent professional qualifications may be submitted for approval)
- Licensed Building Practitioner Level 2 and 3
- Registered valuer, engineer, architect, building scientist/technologist, quantity surveyor
- HERS assessor
The two day Homestar Assessor course focuses on teaching an in-depth understanding of the theory and application of the Certified Homestar rating tool; mastery of conducting an environmental assessment of residential stand-alone and attached homes; as well as the processes involved in acquiring and collating appropriate documentation, managing and producing a Homestar Design Rating and Certified Assessment.
$1,200 for NZGBC Members
Note: these prices are only guaranteed for bookings paid before 20 December 2013.
All costs listed are exclusive of GST
Terms & Conditions
- course workbook
- morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Homestar Assessor Practical Exam
- Supervised Homestar Assessment
- Homestar Certified manual (pdf)
Course duration: 2 days
Qualification Maintenance: Further education and renewal requirement
Individual Product Pricing
CPD points: (provisional)
For attendance at this training course:
- NZRAB - New Zealand Registered Architects receive 60 CPD points
- NZIBS - New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors members may claim CPD hours
- NZIQS - New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors members may claim CPD hours (Short Course/Education – Column 9)
- IPENZ - Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand members may claim CPD hours (Competency 11)
- LBP - Licensed Building Practitioners may claim 12 skills maintenance points
- NZIOB - New Zealand Institute of Building members may claim 6 CPD credits (as per CPD Table)