Retain your Qualification
You are required to complete 2 further education points and pay a renewal fee every two years to retain your qualification.
The Criteria for obtaining further education points is shown below:
Further Education Points Policy
What Constitutes an FE Point?
An FE point will be awarded for events, actions or programmes that:
- Enhance an individual’s knowledge and understanding of sustainable built environment or contribute to the development of knowledge and understanding of the sustainable built environment in others.
- Enhance an individual’s knowledge and understanding of NZGBC’s rating tools or contribute to the development of knowledge and understanding of the NZGBC’s rating tools in others.
- Have substantial educational content ie a minimum of 2hrs face to face or online delivery
- Only 1 FE point can be achieved via an external provider, 1 point must always be achieved via a NZGBC initiated event.
- Applications for an externally provided FE point must be accompanied by proof of attendance and a detailed copy of the programme content.
- Some externally provided programmes may be pre-approved. If so, these will be posted on the NZGBC website. Evidence of attendance will still be required.
Allocation of Points
- 2 points for full attendance at an NZGBC Summit
- 2 points for gaining a new/additional NZGBC qualification ( Duration of training must be 1 day or greater)
- 0.5 points for attendance at one 2 hour Master class, credit update or seminar. 1 FE point for 4 hour event.
- 1 FE point for approved elearning module.
- 1 point for an approved external programme ≥ 4 hours face to face
- 1 point active participation in online forums for more than 6 months (Points awarded at the discretion of the forum administrator )
- 1 point for leadership or knowledge sharing via presentations at NZGBC events or participating in a Technical Working Group. ( Note: Duration of presentations should be greater than 1 hour, participation in TWG should be greater than 4 hours)
- First two Certifications will earn 1 FE point each. Not applicable after first two Certifications
- 1 FE point for Assessors who have completed 4 assessments over 24 months.
- 1 FE point for lead GSAPs on a registered project.
- Accredited Assessors: First two Assessments will earn 1 FE point each.
- No FE points are earned for subsequent assessments.
How to apply
To request FE points please
- Download and complete this form.
- Attach any required supporting evidence
- Email form and attachments to our education team
If your points are approved you will be notified and you will see the allocation on your website profile.
Transition to the Practitioner pathway:
Green Star Accredited Professionals who choose not to continue their Accredited Professional status can move to the Practitioner pathway. Just contact us to make this arrangement.
If your accreditation has lapsed, you may renew within a two month period at no additional cost. If your accreditation has lapsed for longer than this time, please contact us to discuss your options. Additional fees may apply.