Perspectives on Sustainability
Results of the 2009 CoreNet Global and Jones Lang LaSalle global survey on Corporate Real Estate and sustainability are now available.
Key findings include:
- Sustainability is a critical business issue today for 70% of respondents and 89% consider sustainability criteria in their location decisions
- Green building certifications are always considered by 41% and energy labels by 46% in administering their portfolio
- 74% say they are willing to pay a premium to retrofit space that they own for sustainability criteria
- 21% would only pay more rent for sustainable space if offset by lower operating costs, while 8% expect to pay less and 34% expect to pay the same
- 60% are adopting workplace strategies to meet sustainability goals while reducing overall occupancy costs