A platform for young professionals and students to connect with the green building industry both in New Zealand and globally.
Future Thinkers is a network set up by the New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC), the country's leading sustainable building organisation.
We all know we can build better - Future Thinkers offers a chance to get involved in that discussion, connect with like-minded professionals, share ideas, and help power the shift towards a sustainable future.
As a Future Thinker you have access to many of the same member benefits as industry NZGBC members, as well as some awesome additional opportunities:
- network and participate in regular Future Thinker events (Panel sessions, presentations, building tours etc.)
- meet with industry members
- attend NZGBC events and training with discounted rates (or for free!)
- have your profile listed on our NZGBC Future Thinkers directory
- share or present your research
- receive regular member updates
- apply for internships and volunteer positions when available
- create your own NZGBC Future Thinker community at your university/ polytechnic or company
- become our next Future Thinker of the Year
Future Thinkers is open to anyone studying in New Zealand or who has graduated within the last four years. If the institution you studied at is a NZGBC member then your membership is free (check out our members directory to see if you’re covered). For everyone else membership costs $28.50 for the year.
NZGBC Future Thinkers subscription runs from 1 April to 31 March
Forgot to renew your membership for 2020?
Don’t worry, we know sometimes life gets in the way. Flick us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help get you back up and running.
Not eligible to be a Future Thinker but keen to get involved?
“What if we educated and inspired these younger generations within our workforce. Our budding architects, property developers, engineers, contractors, designers, and trades people. What if we showed them how to care about green buildings? Future Thinkers provides this industry with that opportunity.” - Kate Boylan, Future Thinker of the Year 2019
We’re always keen to chat with industry and NZGBC members about getting involved with Future Thinkers. We’re forever on the lookout for people to share their stories, offer mentoring opportunities, give us a tour of their site, host an event, or sponsor Future Thinkers.
If that sounds like you or you want to run through some ideas, please give us a shout at email@example.com