Greening the Green Property Summit
We host heaps of events every year, that thousands of people attend. We’re really proud of these events. They’re an important way to listen, learn, collaborate, and share the latest healthy green building developments.
But we can improve our events in an important way. With your help, we can make them greener and cleaner. And we’re starting with one of our biggest events – the upcoming Green Property Summit.
This year’s Green Property Summit will be the greenest ever Green Property Summit. It will have the least amount of waste, greatly improved energy efficiency, increased sustainable transport to and from the Summit. And we’re working towards gaining Toitū carbonzero certification. Using the carbonzero programme we’re able to measure and reduce the carbon footprint of the Green Property Summit.
Our goals are:
- Reducing all waste from the Summit as much as possible, with an ambition to eliminate waste entirely from the event.
- Clearly show everyone involved with the Summit what we’re doing to make it the greenest ever, why we’re doing it, and how we’re doing it.
- Improve the sustainability of our sourcing and procurement.
- Reduce Green Property Summit’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Track what we’re doing, measure it, and improve.
Thanks heaps to our sustainability sponsor Milliken, who we are working closely with to meet these goals.
We’ll be reducing our carbon emissions as much as we can. For those emissions we can’t eliminate this year, we’ll triple offset, working alongside Milliken to source high quality, verified offset projects. We’ll update this page shortly with further information about these projects.
Win a stay at the Hotel Britomart!
Help us reduce our event footprint and win a stay in the country's only 5 Green Star rated hotel - Hotel Britomart.
How you get to and from Aotea Centre has the biggest impact on our carbon footprint.
So, if you need a little sweetener to get on the bike, bus, train, or pull out those trainers, simply post a photo on your lower carbon travels this Thursday on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram, tag us and the #GPS21 hashtag, and go in the draw to win a night at the amazing 5 Green Star Hotel Britomart!
The prize is a one night stay in a Waitemata View room for up to two people.
Full terms and conditions here
Public transport: The venue is just a short 10-15 minute stroll from Britomart Transport Centre. You can check out the Auckland Transport website for train and bus service information.
Cycling: There are public cycle parks directly outside Aotea Centre. Please bring your own lock. For up-to-date cycle maps, have a look at the Cycling & Walking page on the AT website.
We are also working closely with the venue, stakeholders and caterers to ensure we have a strong waste management plan to manage our waste and water use.
We do need a bit of help from you with this though:
- It would be awesome if you could bring your own drink bottle. Water-filling stations are installed for you to refill your water, reducing single-use plastic bottle litter.
- There will be a bunch of different bins for recycling, composting and general waste. All event waste will be sorted at Aotea Arts Quarter’s own recycling centre.
- Save yourself carrying round a bunch of paper and download the Green Property Summit app, which will have all the info you need. And you’ll avoid using unnecessary paper.
The best mobility access into the Aotea Centre is through level one of the Civic Car Park or at the northern end of the building, to the right of the front steps. Aotea Centre lifts are located inside the building and go from level 1 (near the car park entrance) up to level 5 (Kiri Te Kanawa Theatre balcony).
Further information about accessibility at Aotea Centre can be found here.
Thank you to our Sustainability Sponsor Milliken: