NZGBC Future Thinkers
A gateway for emerging professionals to connect with the green building industry both in New Zealand and globally.
NZGBC Future Thinkers is part of New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC), the country's leading sustainable building organisation. NZGBC brings together all sectors of the building community, from urban planners to interior designers, who are committed to creating a sustainable built environment in New Zealand.
Future Thinkers have access to many of the same member benefits as our industry members, plus additional opportunities available just to them.
Anyone who is currently studying in New Zealand at a university/ polytechnic, or has graduated from tertiary education within the last two years, is welcome to join. Membership is free for students, apprentices and recent graduates of NZGBC member tertiary institutions; others pay just $28.50 including GST per year. (See our members directory to confirm if your place of study is a member.)
NZGBC Future Thinkers subscription runs from 1 April to 31 March.
With NZGBC Future Thinkers you can
- meet and network with industry members
- attend NZGBC events and training with discount rates (or free in some instances)
- volunteer at NZGBC events
- listing on our NZGBC Future Thinkers directory
- share or present your research through knowledge updates or member events
- receive regular member communications
- apply for internships and volunteer positions when available
- create your own NZGBC Future Thinker community at your university/ polytechnic or company
What's on in 2018?
Australian Future Green Leader of the year, Sustainability Manager at Frasers Property, Sydney, Australia. Olivia is young, vibrant and making a difference. On the eve of NZGBC Housing Summit 2018, she will talk to our Future Thinkers about her experience in the construction industry and offer her learnings to help you with your career.
The Green Room Series, August, Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch
Submit your idea to present at our premier networking industry series - The Green Room. If you would like an opportunity to present your research project or sustainable design concept to our industry members, email a 200 word summary to Aroha, by 30 June 2018 .
World Green Building Week, 24-30 September, worldwide
Help celebrate New Zealand's green buildings and make this week bigger, brighter and bolder than ever before. Be the change and add your ideas to a week of free events and activities. Suggestions include:
- sponsored photo competition
- building tours
- Green Campus Day, 27 October, your university/polytechnic Join other schools worldwide to celebrate your on-campus sustainability projects and most sustainable buildings on this day. Use our marketing material to help bring your ideas to life contact us to take part
Follow @NZGBC Future Thinkers on Facebook