There are two types of NABERSNZ professionals: NABERSNZ Practitioners and NABERSNZ Accredited Assessors.
NABERSNZ Practitioners are trained to have a broad knowledge about NABERSNZ and the Certified Rating process from a client's perspective. Although they are not fully accredited and cannot perform Certified Rating assessments, their understanding of the tool and its objectives enables the Practitioners to take a leadership role in initiating and implementing a NABERSNZ Certified Rating and continual improvement process.
NABERSNZ Accredited Assessors are independent building energy professionals who are trained and accredited to perform NABERSNZ Certified Ratings. To qualify as NABERSNZ Accredited Assessors they have to complete specific training, pass examinations and carry out supervised ratings. Accredited Assessors are contracted to the NZGBC and carry out rating assessments according to the rules and methodology specified by the NABERSNZ programme.
NABERSNZ Practitioner Training
The NABERSNZ Practitioner programme recognises a need for knowledge and leadership around the NABERSNZ rating tool, without the necessity for an in depth understanding of the specifics of how ratings are achieved. The Practitioner programme will prepare participants to take a leadership role in initiating and implementing a NABERSNZ certified rating and will provide an understanding of the tool requirements sufficient to knowledgeably contribute to improvements in commercial office energy efficiency.
Participants in the NABERSNZ Practitioner training are likely to be those who have:
- an interest in getting a building rating for promotional purposes. (Developers, Owners, Commercial property sales & leasing)
- an interest in improving the energy efficiency of a building ( Tenants, Property Managers, Sustainability & Energy managers)
- a contribution to make to the design and build of energy efficient buildings ( Architects, Engineers, Construction companies, HVAC specialists, Lighting specialists, Product manufacturers)
- an interest in energy efficiency in the commercial built environment at a policy or strategy development level. ( Councils, Professional bodies, Government bodies
The Practitioner programme offers an overview of the principles of behind the rating tool. It also offers a working knowledge of the key concepts around a NABERSNZ assessment and the data that is required to enable the rating. Included is an opportunity to conduct a self-assessment and look at what others have done in planning for improvement.
- add value to employers or clients through a greater understanding of energy management in commercial buildings
- help save owners and tenants money by reducing the time needed to collect data for a NABERSNZ Certified Rating assessment help improve energy efficiency and reduce costs
NABERSNZ Accredited Assessor Training
This qualification offers building services professionals an opportunity to add a NABERSNZ Certified Rating assessment to their portfolios. Targeting energy and technical professionals, it will provide attendees with a detailed understanding of the NABERSNZ tool and its associated Rules as well as practice in completing the required submission documents.
- Professional Qualifications The Accredited Assessor qualification requires a high level of relevant previous experience. Potential attendees will be asked to submit a declaration establishing their credentials and professional liability cover. Attendance at the training will be dependent on receipt of this document and administrator approval.
- Introduction to NABERSNZ eLearning Module Accredited Assessor Trainees are required to complete this module prior to attending The Assessor Training Course. Payment for this module is included in the Accredited Assessor Training Package. A link to this module will be sent to the participant on payment of registration.
- Pre-reading If accepted, participants will be required to complete pre reading materials prior to attending the course.
Day 1 of the NABERSNZ™ Accredited Assessor training provides an overview of the principles of behind the rating tool. It also offers a working knowledge of the key concepts around a NABERSNZ assessment and the data that is required to enable the rating.
Day 2 focuses on teaching the skills necessary to assess building energy use and award a Certified rating, using the NABERSNZ™ rating Tool. Participants will learn how to work closely with clients to ensure the assessment process is understood, efficient and that the documentation supplied is appropriate.
Post Course: Participants are required to complete an extensive exam successful completion of which provides with a Trainee Assessor qualification and logo.
Full Assessor Status. Full Accredited Assessor status will be achieved once the Trainee Assessor has successfully completed 2 Supervised assessments.
Please note: The post course assessment is a substantial exam and it is essential that course participants have sufficient time set aside in order to complete this assessment. Participants should not plan overseas trips, major consultancy work or personal /holiday commitments for at least one month after training is completed.
NABERSNZ Accredited Assessor
|NABERSNZ Practitioner||$930 + gst|
|NABERSNZ Accredited Assessor||$2830 + gst|
The NZGBC Licensing agreement prohibits discounts.
No further education is required to maintain your qualification. However, in the instance that the NABERS rating tool undergoes significant revision, Practitioners will be required to undertake refresher training.