Recognition of overseas qualifications
Our commercial building rating tools are closely aligned with tools used in other countries (notably Australia), so we recognise the qualifications of professionals who are accredited in these.
Green Star Accredited Professionals (GSAPs)
NZGBC currently recognises Australian and South African Green Star Accredited Professionals, and allows active GSAPs from both countries to obtain NZ Green Star Accredited Professional status without attending the training courses.
However, there are a few criteria that need to be met before we can accredit you in New Zealand. You will need to:
1. Provide us a copy of your current GSAP accreditation
2. Purchase and watch the Green Star V3 refresher video
3. Provide evidence of 2 projects you have worked on in the past 2 years or purchase and complete the NZ GSAP exam (using provided technical manual)
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will need to pay an accreditation fee which validates your qualification for two years. The fee for this is $250 for members and $350 for non-members, excl GST.
Please email us your supporting documentation for confirmation of your eligibility.
NABERS / NABERSNZ
Active Australian NABERS Accredited Assessors may obtain a NABERSNZ accreditation without attending training courses. The following criteria need to be met before we can accredit you in New Zealand. You will need to:
1. supply evidence of a current NABERS qualification
2. purchase and complete the NABERSNZ Assessor exams
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will need to pay the $850 annual accreditation fee.