Green Star courses
There are two qualifications available under Green Star: Accredited Professionals, or Practitioners.
Green Star Accredited Professionals (GSAPs) have the skills to work on projects targeting Green Star ratings, and make high-quality submissions under the tool.
Green Star Practitioner training is for professionals who don’t intend to make Green Star submissions, but need to be up-to-date with green building practice, and/or be able to work successfully within a Green Star project.
Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP)
This qualification recognises an in-depth knowledge of Green Star and is perfect for industry professionals who intend to act as the core member of a Green Star project team and collate and manage Green Star project submissions.
Green Star Accredited Professional training focuses on teaching the skills to generate a high quality Green Star submission. It provides an in-depth knowledge of the tools and a comprehensive understanding of the details required for a successful submission. It is a two-day course:
- Day 1 lecture/workshop based tuition
- Day 2 computer based tuition, including a Q & A session with an experienced Green Star professional.
Green Star Practitioner
This qualification recognises a commitment to green building practice and knowledge leadership in this area.
The course focuses on imparting a good working knowledge of the categories and credits within Green Star, the need-to-know requirements of working on a Green Star project, as well as the business case for green building and new developments in this area. It is a one-day course comprising a lecture and workshop based tuition.
Benefits of a Green Star qualification:
- An Accredited Professional or Practitioner logo
- An online certificate that you can link to or embed in online media
- Details listed in the Accredited Professional directory or Practitioner directory
- A profile page on our website and special login access to the NZGBC website
- A regular newsletter and information about upcoming events and training
Transition to Accredited Professional
Practitioners who wish to become Accredited Professionals can do so by completing day two of the Accredited Professional training course and exam.