Green Star Practitioner Qualification
This pathway recognises your commitment to green building practice and your knowledge leadership in this area.It is perfect for industry professionals who are not intending to make Green Star project submissions but who need to keep up-to-date with green building practice, and/or be able to work successfully within a Green Star project.
Green Star Practitioner benefits:
- A Green Star Practitioner logo
- An on-line certificate that you can link to or embed in on-line media
- Special login access to the NZGBC website
- Details listed in the Green Star Practitioner directory with a profile page on our website
- A regular newsletter and information about upcoming events and training
This course is targeted at those who are working, or plan to work, within a Green Star project, or would simply like to understand more about the Green Star suite of tools.
Please note: This pathway does not satisfy the points requirement for an Accredited Professional in the MAN-1 credit of the Green Star tools. Holders of this qualification cannot act as lead Green Star Accredited Professional on a Green Star project. However they can actively contribute to and support the lead GSAP and the take responsibility for specialized aspects of the project.
The one day Green Star Practitioner course focuses on imparting a good working knowledge of the categories and credits within the Green Star suite of tools, the need-to-know requirements of working within a Green Star project, as well as the business case for green building and new developments in this area.
The one day Practitioner course is also the first day of the two day GSAP course. Practitioners develop common understandings with GSAPS around the language, format and requirements of the Green Star tools.
The Green Star Practitioner qualification will be awarded to participants on successful completion of an on-line exam. Participants will be provided with a link to the exam on completion of the training course and can complete it at a time and place that suits them best. The exam has 30 questions and participants have a time limit of 2 hours to complete the exam. Participants will not require any resources other than the course notes.
Please note: The exam link will be valid for 6 months after training is complete. If the exam is not completed within that time the link will expire and participants will not be able to achieve this qualification without further study and/or cost.
Transition to the Accredited Professional pathway
Practitioners who wish move to the Accredited Professional qualification can do so on successful completion of day 2 of the Accredited Professional training course and the GSAP exam . Participants will not be required to attend or pay for day 1 of this training again.
|Early-bird pricing||Standard pricing|
If you are unsure of your organisation’s membership status, please contact NZGBC prior to registration. See course booking page for early-bird pricing deadline.
The course fee includes:
- course workbook
- morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- the Practitioner Exam
- access to the online Technical Manual
All costs are exclusive of GST
Please read our Terms and Conditions related to course attendance and cancellations.
Renewal, CPD and other professional development points.
NZGBC requires holders of Green Star qualifications to renew their Qualifications every two years. Prior to Qualification renewal the holder must have accrued two Further Education points. Information on FE points and qualifications’ renewal can be found on the website here.
NZGBC has negotiated with other professional bodies for CPD recognition of the GSAP qualification. A list of the participating organisations and the allocated points follows.
NZGBC will make all efforts to inform participating organisations of the attendance of their members. However It is the responsibility of the qualification holder to ensure these points are allocated.
Industry CPD Points
CPD points: For attendance at this training course:
- NZRAB - New Zealand Registered Architects receive 40 CPD points
- The Business Case for Green Commercial Building NZRAB –New Zealand Registered Architects receive 15 points
- Commercial Lighting for Energy Efficiency NZRAB –New Zealand Registered Architects receive 15 points
- NZIBS - New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors members may claim CPD hours
- NZIQS - New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors members may claim CPD hours(Short Course/Education – Column 9)
- IPENZ - Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand members may claim CPD hours (Competency 11)
- LBP - Licensed Building Practitioners may claim 6 skills maintenance points
- NZIOB - New Zealand Institute of Building members may claim 3 CPD credits (as per CPD Table)