Green Star Accredited Professional Qualification
This pathway recognises your in-depth knowledge of the Green Star suite of tools. It is designed for industry professionals who are intending to act as the core member of a Green Star project team and collate and manage Green Star project submissions. There are three courses and three types of GSAP qualification:
- Green Star Accredited Professional - Design & AsBuilt (for new buildings, major refurbishments and interiors)
- Green Star Accredited Professional - Performance (for existing buildings)
- Green Star Accredited Professional - Communities (for community-scaled developments)
Green Star Accredited Professional benefits:
- An Accredited Professional logo
- An online certificate that you can link to or embed in online media
- Details listed in the Accredited Professional directory
- A profile page on our website and special login access to the NZGBC website
- A regular newsletter and information about upcoming events and training
Green Star Accredited Professional training focuses on teaching the skills necessary to generate a high quality Green Star project submission. It provides an in-depth knowledge of the Green Star suite of rating tools and a comprehensive understanding of the rigorous details required to process a successful Green Star submission. It is a one a half day course:
Day 1: full day lecture/workshop based tuition providing an overview of the suite of Green Star rating tools for communities, new and existing buildings and interior fit-out projects.
Day 2: half day session, specific to one of the Green Star tools:
- Green Star - Design & AsBuilt (for new buildings, major refurbishments and interiors)
- Green Star - Performance (for existing buildings)
- Green Star - Communities (for community scaled developments)
This course is targeted at those who wish to make Green Star project submissions to the New Zealand Green Building Council. Generally, potential GSAPs will have professional qualifications in related industries such as Engineering, Building Science, Quantity Surveying, Sustainability in the built environment, Architecture, Project Management or similar professional expertise. However other related experience and skills may be acceptable. If you are uncertain whether your background will be appropriate please contact NZGBC.
The Green Star Accredited Professional qualification will be awarded to participants on successful completion of an online exam. Participants will be provided with a link to the exam after attending the course. The exam has 60 questions and participants will have a time limit of 3 hours to complete the exam. Participants will require their course notes and access to a Green Star manual.
Please note: The exam link will be valid for 2 weeks after training is complete. If the exam is not completed within that time the link will expire and participants will not be able to achieve this qualification without further study and/or cost.
|Early-bird pricing||Standard pricing|
If you are unsure of your organisation’s membership status, please contact NZGBC prior to registration .
The course fee includes:
- course workbook
- morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- the Accredited Professional Exam
- online access to Technical Manual
A paper copy of the Technical Manual is not included - the manual can be downloaded for free from our website and printed at course attendees' expense.
All costs are exclusive of GST.
Please read our Terms and Conditions related to course attendance and cancellations.
NZGBC requires holders of Green Star qualifications to renew their Qualifications every two years. Prior to Qualification renewal the holder must have accrued 10 Further Education points. Information on FE points and qualification renewals can be found on the website here.
Industry CPD Points
NZGBC has negotiated with other professional bodies for CPD recognition of the GSAP qualification. A list of the participating organisations and the allocated points follows. In addition to those listed below, other professional bodies may award CPD points for class attendance.
Except where noted, you will need to claim these points through the relevant organisation(s). NZGBC will provide evidence of attendance on request.
Pre-approved CPD points for attending this course:
- NZRAB - New Zealand Registered Architects receive 40 CPD points (NZGBC will register these)
- LBP - Licensed Building Practitioners may claim 1 point per instructional hour of learning
- NZIOB - New Zealand Institute of Building members may claim 3 CPD credits (as per CPD Table)