NABERSNZ™ Practitioner Qualification
NABERSNZ™is a voluntary energy measurement and rating scheme for commercial office buildings.
The NABERSNZ Practitioner programme recognises a need for knowledge and leadership around the NABERSNZ rating tool, without the necessity for an in depth understanding of the specifics of how ratings are achieved. The Practitioner programme will prepare participants to take a leadership role in initiating and implementing a NABERSNZ certified rating and will provide an understanding of the tool requirements sufficient to knowledgeably contribute to improvements in commercial office energy efficiency.
Participants in the NABERSNZ Practitioner training are likely to be those who have:
- an interest in getting a building rating for promotional purposes. (Developers, Owners, Commercial property sales & leasing)
- an interest in improving the energy efficiency of a building ( Tenants, Property Managers, Sustainability & Energy managers)
- a contribution to make to the design and build of energy efficient buildings ( Architects, Engineers, Construction companies, HVAC specialists, Lighting specialists, Product manufacturers)
- an interest in energy efficiency in the commercial built environment at a policy or strategy development level. ( Councils, Professional bodies, Government bodies)
The Practitioner programme offers an overview of the principles of behind the rating tool. It also offers a working knowledge of the key concepts around a NABERSNZ assessment and the data that is required to enable the rating. Included is an opportunity to conduct a self-assessment and look at what others have done in planning for improvement.
The Practitioner programme is the first day of the 2-day Accredited Assessor programme. Participants who meet the NABERSNZ Assessor pre-requisites and who successfully complete the Practitioner requirements can obtain Accredited Assessor status at a later date by attending Day 2 of the Accredited Assessor training and completing additional Assessor requirements. The cost of the Practitioner programme will be deducted from the Accredited Assessor fee if this option is taken.
The cost of this 1 day programme and supervised assessment is $930 for all attendees. The NZGBC Licensing agreement prohibits discounts.
The course fee includes:
- Introduction to NABERSNZ e-Learning Module
- a course workbook
- morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- on-line assessment
- use of NABERSNZ™ Practitioner logo on successful completion of course requirements
- access to a reverse calculator to estimate building energy consumption
All costs are exclusive of GST
Please read our Terms and Conditions related to course attendance and cancellations.
No further education is required to maintain your qualification. However, in the instance that the NABERS rating tool undergoes significant revision, Practitioners will be required to undertake refresher training.