NABERSNZ™ Accredited Assessor Qualification
This qualification offers building services professionals an opportunity to add a NABERSNZ Certified Rating assessment to their portfolios. Targeting energy and technical professionals, it will provide attendees with a detailed understanding of the NABERSNZ tool and its associated Rules as well as practice in completing the required submission documents.
NABERSNZ Assessor training is currently offered on a wait-list basis only. If you are interested in completing the Assessor training please request a place on this wait-list by contacting NZGBC
Once there are sufficient numbers on the wait-list, a date will be scheduled and you will be advised at least one month in advance of that proposed date. Please also complete and forward the NABERSNZ_Assessor_declaration .pdf
Alternatively you can start the training process by attending the one day NABERSNZ Practitioner training course. You can then complete the Assessor training by attending day 2 of training only. The costs are adjusted accordingly.
- Professional Qualifications The Accredited Assessor qualification requires a high level of relevant previous experience. Potential attendees will be asked to submit a declaration establishing their credentials and professional liability cover. Attendance at the training will be dependent on receipt of this document and administrator approval.
- Introduction to NABERSNZ eLearning Module Accredited Assessor Trainees are required to complete this module prior to attending The Assessor Training Course. Payment for this module is included in the Accredited Assessor Training Package. A link to this module will be sent to the participant on payment of registration.
- Pre-reading If accepted, participants will be required to complete pre reading materials prior to attending the course.
Day 1 of the NABERSNZ™ Accredited Assessor training provides an overview of the principles of behind the rating tool. It also offers a working knowledge of the key concepts around a NABERSNZ assessment and the data that is required to enable the rating.
Day 2 focuses on teaching the skills necessary to assess building energy use and award a Certified rating, using the NABERSNZ™ rating Tool. Participants will learn how to work closely with clients to ensure the assessment process is understood, efficient and that the documentation supplied is appropriate.
Post Course:Participants are required to complete an extensive exam successful completion of which provides with a Trainee Assessor qualification and logo.
Full Assessor Status. Full Accredited Assessor status will be achieved once the Trainee Assessor has successfully completed 2 Supervised assessments.
Please note: The post course assessment is a substantial exam and it is essential that course participants have sufficient time set aside in order to complete this assessment. Participants should not plan overseas trips, major consultancy work or personal /holiday commitments for at least one month after training is completed.
The cost of this 2 day training is $2830 + gst for all attendees.
The NZGBC Licensing agreement prohibits discounts.
The fee includes:
- Classroom tuition
- a course workbook and reference materials
- morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- the NABERSNZ™ Accredited Assessor Exam
- 2 supervised NABERSNZ™ Assessments
- Introduction to NABERSNZ elearning Module
- NABERSNZ Trainee Assessor logo and NABERSNZ Assessor logo.
NABERSNZ Assessors are required to renew their Qualification annually