We host lots of event and courses every year that thousands of people attend. They are an important way to learn, collaborate, and share the latest healthy green building developments. While we want to ensure they have the most impact for those attending, we also want to ensure they have the smallest impact on our environment.
In an ongoing effort to make our events greener and cleaner we have been working with our providers and suppliers to ensure that we cut carbon out wherever possible.
Our goals are to:
- Reduce waste as much as possible, with an ambition to eliminate waste entirely.
- Host events at venues that have a commitment to reducing their carbon footprint.
- Support walking, cycling and public transport to our events and courses.
- Increase use of virtual events, event apps and digital screens to reduce printed material.
- Encourage attendees to BYO bottle, mug, container, cutlery and bag.
- Choose vegetarian, seasonal menus.
- Communicate and spread the message with attendees, sponsors and suppliers.
- Improve the sustainability of our sourcing and procurement.
- Track what we're doing, measure it, and improve