Aonui Architecture aspires to be a leader in the field of environmentally sustainable design (ESD) in New Zealand.
On a day to day basis ESD is an awareness and a commitment to act responsibly in design choices whilst recognising that there are often conflicting pressures of time, cost and quality.
The principles underpinning Aonui Architecture’s work include these fundamental objectives:
- Minimise the energy needed to operate a building,
- Maximise local and low technology solutions wherever possible,
- Consider the life cycle impacts of building systems and
- Produce healthy and comfortable spaces for building occupants.
SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Sustainable design anchors our services in each of the following sectors:
- New residential
- Residential refurbishment
- Urban design and community planning
- Strategic planning
- Transport terminals
- Hospitality and tourism
- Interior design and colour consultancy
- Sports facilities