The HomeFit Assessor training webinar concentrates on the HomeFit and Healthy Homes Standards and the assessment process. It assumes that participants already have an understanding of building science and the process of home inspection. You will become a qualified HomeFit Assessor and receive a subscription to the Assessor webapp after viewing the webinar and passing an exam. The course includes a presentation followed by a live Q&A session. Optionally, you may be sent a prerecorded session and have the opportunity to email presenters with any questions
After successfully completing the training and exam, assessors will be required to sign the HomeFit Assessor Agreement, which contains the terms and conditions under which they agree to operate as a HomeFit Assessor.
1. Prerequisite qualification/membership. Participants need to meet one of the following qualifications or be a member of one of the following organisations:
• Certified Home Performance Advisor (HPA industry training)
• Completed and passed HPA’s Home Energy Awareness course
• Eco Design Advisor
• Member of NZIBI (NZ Institute of Building Inspectors)
• Member of BOINZ (Building Officials Institute of NZ)
• Member of NZIBS (NZ Institute of Building Surveyors)
2. If you meet the requirements, please include this information in the application form when you send it to us, and attach a copy of the relevant certification if applicable.
Successful applicants can then register for the course.
The HomeFit Assessor qualification will be awarded to participants by passing an online exam. Participants will be provided with a link to the exam after attending the webinar and must complete it within two weeks of the course. The exam has 40 questions and participants have two hours to finish. Participants will not require any resources other than the course notes and the HomeFit Technical Manual.
The course fee includes: