Oneoneroa Housing Development, Rutherford Street, Belmont
02 October 2020
The Oneoneroa development in Belmont has some key factors that make it different. Developers Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei have this to say:
“This is the first major Tāmaki residential development headed by a local hapū and is our chance to demonstrate who we are as a developer.
Our approach is different. We are not a fly-by-night corporate – we have been here for centuries and will be here for centuries more. If you’re a buyer, that means you know that we will do things the right way because our reputation is paramount.
Part of our kaupapa is connecting back to the history of the land: reintroducing people to Oneoneroa. The other part is building attractive, modern and sustainable homes where people can flourish for generations to come.
Underpinned by our hapū mātāpono (values), we’ve started our journey in transforming an area with old homes into a highly desirable area with new premium, architecturally designed homes.
Kaitiakitanga is intrinsic in who we are. All new homeowners in this stage of the development have received an electric bike, called ‘O-bikes’, to encourage alternative modes of transport, a kono (food basket) and AT Hop Cards as a koha. The hand-woven kono contain an assortment of treats as well as a Kowhai seedling propagated at the Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei nursery, Ōkahu Rākau.
We’re pleased to receive Homestar Certification as it provides a benchmark for the next stages of Oneoneroa. We are truly committed to building sustainable communities and we will actively seek ways to enhance the land and local waterways and innovate the way we build as the development progresses."
Location: Oneoneroa Housing Development, Rutherford Street, Belmont
Number of units: 13
Project owner: Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei
Ratings: 6 Homestar Built Rating
Architect: Brewer Davidson Architects
Main contractor: Capri Construction Ltd
Homestar assessor: Sam Dallimore, Building Excellence Group
Other Consultants: DHC Consulting Ltd, Kingstons Project Management Limited
Other contributions to this Homestar rating include:
- The dwelling design includes insulation levels that are higher than Building Code.
- LED lighting selections throughout.
- Water efficient showers, toilets & bathroom tapware.
- Good practices in construction waste management including on-site waste sorting.
- Environmentally friendly product selections (at least 11.0 points achieved in MAT-1 & MAT-2)
- Accessibility to local amenities & public transport services
- 0.5 Innovation points for the initiative of providing each new owner with an electric bike to promote sustainable transport options