One Central: Bedford Terraces and Apartments
28 January 2021
On the doorstep of Christchurch’s dynamic new city centre, Fletcher Living’s latest 6 Homestar rated One Central Bedford Apartments and Terraces will be a central feature in the regenerating heart of the city.
Located on the corner of Madras & Lichfield Streets, the Bedford development is beside Christchurch’s Innovation Precinct – a buzzing community of innovators, entrepreneurs and future focused tech businesses. The homes are directly connected to a unique network of green spaces, pedestrian laneways and courtyards, with everything you need in walking distance and public transport easily accessible.
The homes have been built to a standard higher than the building code with more insulation, thermal modelling, excellent acoustic performance, effective moisture control and efficient heating, lighting and appliances. With parking set to the side, the development was designed to encourage active transport and make cycling easy. The Apartments also meet the Lifemark 3 standard for safety and usability for people of all ages.
Location: One Central: Bedford Terraces and Apartments, Corner of Madras and Lichfield Streets, Christchurch Central City
Number of units: 26 Terraces & 68 Apartments
Project owner: Fletcher Living Ltd
Ratings: 6 Homestar Built Rating
Main contractor: Naylor Love (apartments) & Fletcher Living (terraces)
Homestar assessor: Matt Wilson, Eco Insite Ltd
Other Consultants: Aurecon, NDY (acoustics)
Other contributions to this Homestar rating include:
- Insulation levels that are higher than Building Code, carefully considered for thermal and acoustic requirements and modelled to check performance
- Design to be quiet with acoustic rated insulation and glazing systems
- Effective heat recovery ventilation systems and moisture control
- Energy efficient heat pumps
- LED lighting selections throughout
- Energy and water efficient appliances
- Apartments meet the Lifemark 3 standard for safety and usability for people of all ages.
- Central location enables easy access to public transport and key amenities in walking distance
More about this development:
Images courtesy of Fletcher Living