All homes and buildings in Aotearoa green and sustainable, making healthier, happier New Zealanders
Here at the New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC) we are passionate advocates for better buildings, because we know that better buildings mean healthier, happier Kiwis.
Created by the sector, we are Aotearoa's leading sustainable building not-for-profit.
Combined market turnover of our members
60% of Aotearoa
Represented by local government members
We represent hundreds of companies and organisations who believe we can transform our built environment; from large government departments, banks, energy companies, and insurers, to property and construction companies, architects, developers, designers and tertiary education providers.
We believe all New Zealanders deserve to be safe, healthy and happy – at home, at school, at work. Everywhere.
To make that happen we:
- Connect the people who can make a difference
- Inspire the market to build quality, efficient buildings.
- Campaign for regulatory reform and policy change
- Collaborate with industry to create best practice green building rating tools.
- Provide education and training
- Hold events around New Zealand to share local and international expertise
- Supply access to networks, information and resources for our members about green building.
The NZGBC was founded in July 2005 by 31 progressive companies and in 2006 became the sixth member of the World Green Building Council.
There are now 70 green building councils around the world, representing over 36,000 members.