A gateway for young professionals and students to connect with the green building industry both in New Zealand and globally.
NZGBC Future Thinkers is part of New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC), the country's leading sustainable building organisation. NZGBC brings together all sectors of the building community, from urban planners to interior designers, who are committed to creating a sustainable built environment in New Zealand.
Future Thinkers have access to many of the same member benefits as our industry members, plus additional opportunities available just to them.
Anyone who is currently studying in New Zealand at a university/ polytechnic, on a trades apprenticeship scheme or has graduated from tertiary education within the last four years, is welcome to join. Membership is free for students, apprentices and recent graduates of NZGBC member tertiary institutions; others pay just $28.50 including GST per year. (See our members directory to confirm if your place of study is a member.)
NZGBC Future Thinkers subscription runs from 1 April to 31 March
Have you renewed your Future Thinker membership for 2019?
If you enjoyed being a member in 2018, remember to renew this year. It's easy just email the following information to email@example.com
- Current students - a copy of your course confirmation for 2019 and we'll do the rest.
- Graduates - if you've graduated within the last four years, a copy of your graduation certificate.
Non-renewed memberships expire 31 March.
What's on in 2019
Check @NZGBC Future Thinkers to find events near you.
Our annual celebration of New Zealand's green buildings. Join in our activities or create your own.
With NZGBC Future Thinkers you can
- meet and network with industry members
- attend NZGBC events and training with discount rates (or free in some instances)
- volunteer at NZGBC events
- listing on our NZGBC Future Thinkers directory
- share or present your research through knowledge updates or member events
- receive regular member communications
- apply for internships and volunteer positions when available
- create your own NZGBC Future Thinker community at your university/ polytechnic or company
- become our next Future Thinker of the Year, applications open January.