2019 Future Thinker of the Year
This year sees the launch of the NZGBC Future Thinker of the Year award. The search for this young green building advocate has uncovered plenty of significant young thought leaders around the country. The Future Thinker of the Year will have demonstrated environmental knowledge and leadership. This could be from their participation in activities, research, or their work achievements.
You can view all finalist and shortlisted applicants’ lightning talks here.
On 10 April the finalists presented their vision of a better built environment at the Future Thinker of the Year Awards at University of Auckland, and the winner was announced.
NZGBC Future Thinker of the Year 2019
We are very proud to announce our first ever NZGBC Future Thinker of the Year, Kate Boylan. Congratulations to all our finalists and shortlisted applicants for their dedication to the sustainable built environment. We are excited to to work with this dynamic group to advance the work of Future Thinkers, creating a strong platform from which to engage with industry and the community.
- Finalists present their vision at the Future Thinker of the Year event on 10 April
- Finalists attend Green Property Summit 2019 on 11 April
- Winner receives free entry to all NZGBC networking events in 2019
- Winner receives free entry to two NZGBC training courses of their choosing (subject to entry requirements)
- Winner gains free entry to SDG Summit 2019 on 2 September
- Winner will be invited to stand on the selection panel for Future Thinker of the Year 2020 award.
Applications due – 28 February
Shortlist announced – 6 March
Lightning Video submissions due – 20 March
Finalists announced - 26 March
Awards night – 10 April