NZGBC Future Thinker of the Year
We've just launched a search for the very first NZGBC Future Thinker of the Year, and we're accepting nominations right now.
The Future Thinker of the Year will have demonstrated environmental knowledge and leadership. This could be from their participation in activities, research, or their work achievements.
Entries are open from 21 December 2018 to 28 February 2019.
Who should be nominated?
Anyone with an interest in sustainability and a passion for improving the built environment in New Zealand, who is keen to represent a younger voice within the green building and property sector. You can nominate yourself, or someone else.
Application includes automatic Future Thinker membership for 2019 for those who meet the criteria. Future Thinker membership is open to all tertiary students and recent graduates (up to 4 years from graduation). Your nomination must be supported by an independent referee.
- Finalists will present at a Future Thinkers event on 10 April
- Finalists will gain free entry to Green Property Summit on 11 April
- Winner receives free entry to all NZGBC networking events
- Winner receives free entry to two training courses of their choosing
- Winner will gain free entry to SDG Summit on Sept 2
- Winner will be invited to stand on the selection panel for next Future Thinker of the Year award
How do I enter?
1. Complete the entry form providing details specified including details as to why you or your nominee should be the 2019 NZGBC Future Thinker of the Year and email this to us
2. Provide an independent referee and proof of your accomplishments, a bio [and a recent headshot]
3. If you are selected into the initial shortlist please provide a 2 minute lightening talk video detailing your answers to one or all of the three questions below:
a. How are you driving meaningful change and furthering sustainability in your role, organisation, university or the industry more broadly?
b. We want to slash energy emissions and reach net zero by 2050. What do you think needs to change specifically in the built environment to ensure this is achieved?
c. If nominated as NZGBC Future Thinker of the Year, how would you use this platform to see these changes happen?
4. From the initial shortlist four (4) finalists will be announced.
5. The winner will be announced our April 10th, 2019 Awards night. Finalists must be present at this awards evening to be eligible to win. Finalists will be asked to speak at this event