HomeFit Assessor course
We offer a comprehensive training webinar for those who are experienced inspectors and meet the pre-requisite qualification requirements, covering the HomeFit Standard and how the Assessor App is used during a home inspection.
The HomeFit training webinar concentrates on the HomeFit and Healthy Homes Standards and the assessment process. It assumes that participants already have an understanding of building science and the process of home inspection. You will become a qualified HomeFit Assessor and receive a subscription to the Assessor webapp after attending the webinar and passing an exam. The course includes a presentation followed by a live Q&A session.
After successfully completing the training and exam, assessors will be required to sign the HomeFit Assessor Agreement, which contains the terms and conditions under which they agree to operate as a HomeFit Assessor.
1. Prerequisite qualification/membership. Participants need to meet one of the following qualifications or be a member of one of the following organisations:
• Certified Home Performance Advisor (HPA industry training)
• Completed and passed HPA’s Home Energy Awareness course (find more information here)
• Member of NZIBI (NZ Institute of Building Inspectors)
• Member of BOINZ (Building Officials Institute of NZ)
• Member of NZIBS (NZ Institute of Building Surveyors)
or 3 years relevant building/inspection experience
2. If you meet the requirements, please include this information in the application form when you send it to us, and attach a copy of the relevant certification if applicable.
Successful applicants can then register for the course.
The HomeFit Assessor qualification will be awarded to participants by passing an online exam. Participants will be provided with a link to the exam after attending the webinar and must complete it within two weeks of the course. The exam has 30 questions and participants have two hours to finish. Participants will not require any resources other than the course notes and the HomeFit Technical Manual.
The course fee includes:
- Webinar access
- The Assessor Exam
- Subscription to the app for one year
- Your details listed in the HomeFit assessor app and the NZGBC directory
- Use of the HomeFit assessor logo in your own marketing materials
- Access to all downloadable resources and templates
- An online certificate that you can link to or embed in online media
Renewal, CPD and other professional development points
Holders of HomeFit qualifications are required to renew their qualifications every year. Information on qualifications’ renewal can be found on the website here.
While there are no requirements for FE points for HomeFit Assessors, all professionals will be required to undertake refresher training when a major tool update is released.
Please register your interest now by completing the application form or email us if you would like to find out more about assessment and subscription fees.