HomeFit Assessor Qualification
This qualification offers building professionals and housing quality inspectors an opportunity to rate existing homes with the HomeFit tool. We offer a comprehensive training webinar showing how an assessor goes about performing home certifications using the tool. Participants who are interested in gaining a qualification and operating as a HomeFit assessor will need to meet the prerequisite qualifications outlined below.
This qualification verifies your knowledge on the HomeFit assessment tool.
HomeFit Assessor benefits:
- Your details listed in the HomeFit assessor app and the NZGBC directory
- Use of the HomeFit assessor logo in your own marketing materials
- Access to the HomeFit Technical Manual
- Access to all downloadable resources and templates
- An online certificate that you can link to or embed in online media
The HomeFit training webinar focuses on teaching an in-depth understanding of HomeFit and the assessment process. Participants will become a qualified HomeFit assessor and receive a subscription to the online tool. The course includes a presentation followed by a live Q&A.
After the successful completion of the training and exam, assessors will be required to sign the HomeFit Assessor Agreement, which contains the terms and conditions under which they agree to operate as a HomeFit assessor.
1. Prerequisite qualification. Participants need to meet one of the following qualifications:
- Home Performance Advisor
- Home Energy Awareness
- Eco Design Advisor
- Member of NZIBI (NZ Institute of Building Inspectors)
- Member of BOINZ (Building Officials Institute of NZ)
- Member of NZIBS (NZ Institute of Building Surveyors)
2. If you meet the requirements, please list the details and send us the completed application form.
Successful applicants can then register for the course.
The HomeFit assessor qualification will be awarded to participants on the successful completion of an online exam. Participants will be provided with a link to the exam after attending the course and must complete it within two weeks period of the course. The exam has 25 questions and participants have two hours to finish. Participants will not require any resources other than the course notes and the HomeFit Technical Manual, which will be provided once the training/subscription fee has been paid.
All potential attendees must complete and submit the HomeFit Assessor Application form . Your enrolment in the course is conditional on this form being approved; please register your interest by emailing the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Renewal, CPD and other professional development points
Holders of HomeFit qualifications are required to renew their qualifications every year. Information on qualifications’ renewal can be found on the website here.
While there are no requirements for FE points for HomeFit Assessors, all professionals will be required to undertake refresher training when a major tool update is released.
Please register your interest now by completing the application form or email us if you would like to find out more about assessment and subscription fees.