SP Blinds is a NZ manufacturer of blinds for the commercial and residential markets.
With over three decades experience manufacturing quality products, SP Blinds have amassed valuable experience and knowledge specific to the demanding requirements of the New Zealand market and unique weather conditions.
SP Blinds constantly strive to operate on a sustainable basis, aiming to supply products with a positive impact on the environment with a policy of encouraging sustainable business practices.
SP Blinds’ commitment to sustainability is demonstrated in its every day activity both in its own carbon foot print and in assisting to promote sustainable products to the construction industry. Below are some of the ways in which SP Blinds contributes towards making this world a better place.
- carboNZero Certification SP blinds achieved the carboNZero certification in April 2012 and since then is undergoing an annual audit for certification renewal. We are the first, and to date the only, blind manufacturing company in NZ that is a carboNZero certified organization.
- Green Star Professional advice A member of the NZ Green Building Council since 2008, SP Blinds has amassed knowledge relating to the requirements of the Green Star environmental rating scheme. The SP Blinds’ Commercial Fabric Specifier collates a group of fabrics which may qualify for points under the Office Interiors 2009 tool. We can provide precise test results establishing the potential eligibility for Green Star points for:
- Low VOC emissions
- Daylight Glare Control
- Reduction of PVC use in buildings
- Eco-Friendly Product Offer Blinds are an important factor in Eco-friendly environments, directly affecting the indoor environmental quality and energy efficiency of a space by:
- Reducing energy consumption
- Controlling glare
- Allowing outward visibility and natural light
- Made from PVC Free and Low VOC materials